COVID-19 DIY Projects
Does the recent COVID-19 pandemic/social distancing/quarantine have you down in the dumps today? If so, then I am right there with you. A person can only watch so much Netflix, and eat so many bags of chips, cookies, cake, and well, you get the picture. What can we do to get rid of the boredom (and stop eating…)?
Why not tackle some DIY projects around the house? Every day you are stuck at home, tackle something simple to make your house more presentable, and ready to sell (or get it ready to have a big social party when we are finally out of the woods). Below are some simple DIY projects that will spruce up your house, and help lift your spirits
1. Go through the house and clean your windows. You may not be going outside for a while, so why not bring the outside in to you? All it takes is a spray bottle of equal parts white vinegar and water, and some newspapers to make those windows shine, letting the light in to cheer you up.
2. Freshen up your walls. We all have marks on our walls, such as furniture marks, or maybe little kiddo fingerprints. Many marks on your wall can be gotten rid of by simply using a magic eraser. Those things really are magic! If you’re good at painting, you may even want freshen up some rooms with a new coat of paint, or even touch up areas that need a bit more attention than a magic eraser.
3. Dust your window blinds, baseboards and door & window trim. Remember, we are not only dealing with COVID-19 right now. It is also allergy season. Ugh! Dusting is essential this time of the year, so take the time to get rid of one of the main causes of your allergic sneezing.
4. Go clean out your closets. If you haven’t worn it in a year, it’s time to get rid of it. Box it up, and donate to your local Goodwill or Clothes Closet. Or if you plan on a yard sale when the social distancing is over, label the boxes, and store them in your basement, attic, or garage. You will be one step ahead in the yard sale season!
5. Do some landscaping. Your house is your castle, and you want the first impression of your castle to be a good one. Mulch is one simple way to freshen up the front of your house, and brings out the beauty of your flowers and shrubs. If you have a green thumb, plant some colorful flowers at the entrance of your door.
6. And finally, pressure wash your house to get rid of all the dirt and mold. There are several house wash products that you can use to help you get the job done, and using them is as simple as spraying them on your siding, waiting a few minutes, and pressure washing them off. You will love the result.
These are just a few simple ways that you can get yourself up and moving, and away from the Netflix and snacks, during this pandemic. Remember that we are all in this together, and together we will get through this!
Sally Beasley is a REALTOR with StoneGate Realty and can be reached at 270-945-0501.